Have you ever dreamed of being a millionaire? Well, maybe Patently Stupid can put you on the road to riches! (It can’t.)
Join your seminar hosts Toby and Lena as they guide you through the world of invention and finance. Each seminar attendee creates a bizarre problem that another attendee is tasked with solving. Attendees must act fast to name and draw their innovative solution. And to top it off, each attendee presents their idea to the group to obtain the funding to make their dreams come true! Yay! Public speaking!
So, get your inventing caps out everybody and create some unique solutions to some truly bizarre problems!
Want to get an early sneak peek and maybe play along? Join us for our weekly stream on Thursday, August 9 at 3:30 CT! We’ll be broadcasting to our channels on Twitch, YouTube, Mixer and Facebook Live. And, watch our exclusive first look at the game with Game Informer here.
Patently Stupid joins the other announced games in The Jackbox Party Pack 5 including YOU DON’T KNOW JACK: Full Stream, Split the Room, and Mad Verse City. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all of the latest updates on The Jackbox Party Pack 5. Game five will be announced soon!
It’s easy to gift our games on Steam and Xbox One, but here’s the hard part: figuring out who in your life deserves it. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of good candidates to consider this holiday season.
1. Anyone with a gaming console or computer who likes to laugh with friends.
- All of the Jackbox Party Packs can be played on PS4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch and oh, so many more!
2. Anyone who throws lifeless parties that usually end with you faking IBS.
- We’re great for parties, so no need to falsely clutch at your colon after another game of charades!
3. Anyone who would like to draw “Ben Affleck eating a gyro” with their phone.
- Which is actually a large portion of the population, according to our research.*
4. Anyone with a Twitch or Youtube stream who likes to interact with their audience.
- Since all you need is the room code and a phone, audiences can play from anywhere in the world!
5. Maybe an ex-lover?
- We’re not saying our games will DEFINITELY bring them back to you, not after the way you so callously toyed with their emotions in the Hamptons over Labor Day, but crazier things have happened.
6. Your employees!
- Instead of raises, annual bonuses or health insurance, slip a download code of the Jackbox Party Pack 4 into their locker.
7. Gerald, the drifter who lives in your crawl space and doesn’t seem to laugh anymore.
- Actually, you should probably check that he’s still alive. Does your house smell funny?
8. Maybe an ex-lover?
- Yes, we said this already, but here’s how it could play out. You fake being lost at sea as you were sailing to do charity work in Ecuador. Have your lawyer knock on their door, tell them you left something for them in your will and deliver a manila envelope with a Jackbox Party Pack 4 code inside. They’ll get real mad and throw it in the corner. “What about the Hamptons?” they’ll scream. The envelope will sit and sit, but days later, during a rainstorm, they’ll relent. They’ll download the game and throw a party in your honor. Everyone will laugh. Everyone will cry. Everyone will toast your memory. Just as your former lover wins their third game of Fibbage 3 in a row, you open the door and step in from the storm and say “It was the laughter that brought me back.” Cut to wedding bells. Cut to three kids. Cut to dying in the arms of your beloved… which is totally someone else. You can’t get away with faking your own death, idiot.
9. College kids
*We didn’t do any research.
A lot of people ask us here at Jackbox Games “What is the hardest part of making a game?” Most of the time, we just ignore that question and the person who asked it and drive away in our diamond-studded limousine. But this time, it was our limousine driver doing the asking, so we decided to put our minds to it as the diamond-studded locks clunked shut and he gave an ominous laugh.
As soon as we tired ourselves out from kicking at the windows and drinking all the Yoo-hoo in the mini-bar, we thought long and hard and the answer to his question came to us: picking the perfect release date! Sure, there’s art, programming and when we feel like it, writing, but you GOTTA nail that tricky release date. That’s why we thought even longer and harder and came up with a winner; October 18, 2016!
What a perfect date! It’s right before all the big, party holidays. There’s Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, the two-year anniversary of Ariana Grande licking that donut, and we want to be there when you celebrate.
And celebrate you shall! We have some amazing games in this Party Pack that we’ve all fallen in good, clean love with: there’s Trivia Murder Party, a trivia game hosted by a serial killer, Guesspionage, a polling game based on answers from the public, Tee K.O., where you battle your witty T-shirts and slogans, Fakin’ It, where one of your friends is a dirty liar and you have to catch them and finally, Quiplash 2, the sequel to our big, hit game… Uh, I forget what it was called. Wait, I have it tattooed on my hip. Tweety Bird! Nope, wrong hip. Quiplash! That’s it!
But that’s not all. We’ve added new features that let you deal with those jerks we call trolls. Our new censor features let you boot those guys the second they get all obnoxious. And believe me, they WILL get obnoxious.
If you really want to see how awesome our new games are, check out some of our gameplay videos from TwitchCon: Jackbox Games Videos
Now, who knows how to break out of a limousine doing 80mph down the Dan Ryan, driven by a cackling maniac? Or at least, can someone bring us more Yoo-hoo?